Thursday, March 4, 2010

Philosophy

Tonight I was asked what I would consider to be my life
philosophy. I was confused, at first, how to convert my many thoughts into a single mantra that could be practical and relatable. Initially my mind ran to quests of pursuing happiness, working hard, doing all the little things that we, as a unit of society, are “suppose to do.”

Instead, I landed on two simple aspects of pursuit that narrowed my search for the potential good life: "Strive for utopia and seek happiness.”

Utopia: an ideally perfect state; especially in its social and political and moral aspects

Hypothetically, if each us becomes a Utopian Citizen, we would eliminate the need for guidance. Each of us would esteem the intentions of others before our own. Each of us would work hard, be self-sustaining, and would help our brother if need be. We would live in a way that would make it possible for everyone to unequivocally pursue his individual happiness, which brings me to the second half of my life philosophy: seek happiness. This is necessary to mention 1. because everyone’s happy exists independently and 2. if not for joy, what is the point of living?


With that said, I am vowing to make a conscious effort to be a utopian citizen and seek happiness.
You’re free to join.




No comments:

Post a Comment